Since 1989, St. Louise Regional Hospital has been caring for the residents in Santa Clara and San Benito Counties by offering a wide range of high-quality inpatient and outpatient medical specialties. Affectionately known as South County’s community hospital, St. Louise has 93 beds, is a Designated Primary Stroke Center, and is the only acute care hospital in the area. Located in Gilroy, St. Louise is one of the largest employers in the community and CALSTAR 2 emergency helicopter transport is available on the premises. We are particularly proud of our virtually flawless Joint Commission inspections. Whether for maternity care, surgery or a medical emergency, the hospital’s reputation for quality, compassionate care is renowned in the region.
St. Louise is proud to operate the De Paul Health Center in Morgan Hill featuring Urgent Care, Breast Care and medical office suites. De Paul was the original St. Louise hospital site until 1999 when the hospital was relocated to Gilroy to serve the fast-growing South County community.
The County of Santa Clara owns and operates a Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System that includes Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, O’Connor Hospital, and St. Louise Regional Hospital. The hospitals and clinics are operated by the County under a consolidated license from the California Department of Public Health. The Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System is part of the broader County of Santa Clara Health System.
Recent Awards and Recognition
- The Joint Commission Hospital National Quality Approval and Accreditation
- The Joint Commission Accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center
- The Joint Commission Laboratory Accreditation
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold
- Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Plus
- Baby Friendly Designated Birth Facility